The eventual repair and restoration of St. Nicholas took place in 1802, incorporating the remaining medieval materials through the generosity of Thomas Crook, a pioneer in agricultural and a successful equine breeder, who owned much of the land in the hamlet. The flat corniced ceiling of the Nave also dates from this period, paralleling a similar addition to the parish church in Chippenham. A tablet on the wall of the North aisle, among many others to members of his family, relates his munificence as follows:
‘…..THOMAS CROOK/ who during the time of his possessing and/ occupying the greater part of the Land / in the Tything of Tytherton/ (and being Church Warden) caused this church to be rebuilt A.D 1802…..’
In 1800, the artist John Buckler (1770-1851) was commissioned by Sir Richard Colt Hoare of Stourhead to produce paintings and drawings of churches and other historic buildings in Wiltshire. His pencil sketchbook of 1808 contains drawings of Tytherton Chapel.  These comprise the exterior from the North, the Font, the Nave colonnade of arches and a ground plan to which he annotated with dimensions. The exterior sketch relates to the finished watercolour painting in the Wiltshire Heritage Museum. This shows the building very much as we see it today; the churchyard wall was presumably omitted to give a clearer view. These pencil sketches of the Font and interior ground plan give precise dimensions, which reflect Buckler as an architect. 
The boxed communion service of two pattens and chalice (by Rebecca Emes and John Barnard of London), were the gift of The Revd. Edward Ellis in 1817 who was Vicar of Chippenham from 1815 until his death in 1825 at the age of 38.