The first record of music in worship is found in the diary of Revd. Francis Kilvert who visited members of the Crook family at Gaston’s Farm on 24th March 1876: ‘…..there was the patriarchal grandfather, Robert Crook, with his white smock-frock, rosy face, and the sweet kindly benevolent look in his eyes…..The old man took up a sheet of music and looked at it. He is a musician, and used to play the flute at Tytherton Church…..’ The church band had by then been replaced by the first of two Harmoniums: the first ca.1870, replaced the present one ca.1920, is by Christophe and Etienne, of Paris. It was professionally cleaned and overhauled in 1995. The Chamber Organ, acquired after a historically informed restoration in 1987, was originally built by John Clark of Bath in 1937. Since the early 1990s at major festivals, the music is augmented by the mainly professional voices and instruments of The St. Nicholas Consort coordinated by Dr Christopher Kent.